Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Soul Food


Soul Food


The emptiness inside is giving birth to the brilliance in my mind. 
Igniting the fire in my soul.
Allowing the very essence of my being to manifest.
It's not until I have nothing left that I can tap into the true depth of my existence.  
In the most dismal circumstances is when the breath of reality gives me new beginnings. 

Stanzas, verses, and lines
Meters, beats, and rhymes.
Poetry gives me life.

Like compressions to a heart out of sync.
The life produced from my internal void gives me air to breathe again.
Seeing the fullness of life outside of myself.
The focus turns from self-pity to life-giving as I nurture and raise my offspring to its full potential.

Stanzas, verses, and lines
Meters, beats, and rhymes.
Poetry gives me love.

Unconditional love that springs from my soul. By writing from these empty places, I once again feel whole.

Stanzas, verses, and lines
Meters, beats, and rhymes.
Poetry fills my soul.

Rising above the cesspool of society
Focusing on a higher diety, the one that lives in me. That craves to be set free...

Stanzas, verses, and lines
Meters, beats, and rhymes.

Poetry sets me free




No comments:

Post a Comment