Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Reflections

Agony of indecision
Shadows of despair
longing for our conversation
Realizing you're no longer there
Memories of the feelings
elicited by our connection
Concern about your wellbeing
Longing for your presence
Fear of failure has triumphed
In a war against my past distress
The barrier meant for protection
Has caused cardiac unrest.
The heart that is so fragile
Now aches behind these walls
The mind that's usually agile
Has now choked and stalled
Stuck on a freeway of loneliness
Toward a deserted dead end street
Sacrificing my happiness
As a result of past deceit
Should I chalk this up to a lesson learned?
Or push for another chance?
The right direction can not be discerned.
Until I dig my heart from the sands
You gave me glimpse of what I once was
The hope of what I'll again be
Our meeting was orchestrated from above
Love in my heart for you is for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment