Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Composition to a Confidant, Lover, and Friend




I guess I am going to have to give you up
One of my greatest loves
The thing that has soothed my soul and calmed my fears
For so many years and in so many situations
The melodies that have rocked me to sleep on the worst of days
Made me dance on the greatest of occasions


When nothing else could soothe my spirit you’ve always been there
Not judging the situation but providing peace of mind in the midst of turmoil

It’s crazy how you use to clear my head of the things I could not control
Now every word I hear within your lines reminds me
Of a situation that has me totally perplexed.
Even the tunes without words make drift in mind to …

Music, my first lover, have you forsaken me?
Why do your compositions reminding  me
Of a time when I felt free, confident and loved
Only to be jolted back to the reality that this was not mine to keep?

Music, my muse, your inspiration keeps taking back to that which I should forget.
Shouldn’t I?
What are you trying to tell me my lifelong friend?
Am I not getting the message?

 I will continue to listen because you have not failed me yet.
I just have one request
Please speak to our mutual friend as well
Encourage them to share themselves.
Whether it is through you or directly
Answers and clarification is the path to a clear mind.



Music, my friend I need you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment