Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

Guilty Chromosomes


Guilty Chromosomes
Deoxyribonucleic acid is the culprit.
Therefore I plead the fifth.
The blood that pulses through my veins
I can’t do a thing with.
I love with the heart of a lion
Until you lead me into a snare.
I trust you with my all
Unless you show me you do not care.
Through your actions and your deeds
The double-stranded helix will then take the lead
Warding off all hurt and sorrow
Strangling your chances of crushing me tomorrow
Or any other time for that matter…
Never again will you access my cardiac rhythm
Surrendering it to you causes me to tremble
The chromosomes that resides in my cells
Will no longer allow you to put me through hell.
Therefore I plead the fifth when asked to testify
Because I cannot speak honestly without implicating myself
My chromosomes are guilty but my heart is safe.
Back in my possession a guarded place.

No comments:

Post a Comment